THE HISTORICAL VINTAGE FESTIVAL IN ZNOJMO
Znojmo city invites you to visit the Historical Vintage Festival which is held from 14th to 16th September 2018.
You can feel the unique atmosphere of this medieval festival of wine, the largest event of its kind in the Czech Republic.
This celebration took place in Znojmo for the first time in 1966 and it celebrates the visit of King John of Luxemburg and his retinue from 1327.
It is expecting you:
- historical march with torches through the town during the Friday evening
- historical march through the town during the Saturday afternoon
- ceremonial opening of taverns and inns
- various cultural and musical programmes arranged at 13 places in historical centre of the town
- jousts of horseback
- historic marketplace, street theatres and swordsmen’s contests
- aisle of poor
- historical tavern
- a lot of activities for children
- and mainly wine and half-fermented wine degustations